Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ouch My Subconscious Hurts

Over at Action Items filmmacher Matt McCormick blogs about how his movie The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal has inspired at Flickr group (and an apparent rip-off artist as well.)

And, inevitably, a cadre of ignorant haters:

While that movie seems to have a bountiful fan base, there has always been a small, yet vocal, group of people who absolutely hate it. My assumption has been that these people are young graffiti dudes who have never actually seen the movie but have a very hostile, knee-jerk reaction to the title. You can find their rants in graffiti chat rooms and websites, and in the occasional nasty email that someone sends me out of the blue. They usually say something along the lines of "Removing art is not an art in itself. I'd much rather look at the hearts and souls of people on the wall than some shitty blotches. I've never heard of anything so retarded in my life. Fuck this video and all who support it's message." (is it me or is that just ridiculously dramatic?)

No comments: