Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Upcomingness

Two upcoming events I'll be a part of--you can be too! Just come to one or more of them and then you will be a part of them.

On Friday June 6, I'm moderating a panel at the New Museum presented by Rhizome as part of Internet Week. It's called Net Aesthetics 2.0 and will comprise a panel of potent notables: Tom Moody, T. Whid, Petra Cortright, Damon Zucconi and Jennifer and Kevin McCoy. We shall discuss the current state of internet art. More details at Rhizome.

On Wednesday June 11 I'll be reading at KGB Bar in the East Village as part of an event devoted to Exile Cinema: Filmmakers At Work Beyond Hollywood, the new collection of essays edited by Michael Atkinson. Other readers will include B. Kite and Stuart Klawans. I love the idea of reading film criticism live! My selection will be a chapter I wrote on the films of James Fotopoulos. (Christ, it's been Flavorpilled--I better wear a clean shirt.)

No comments: